If you have any questions regarding our products or if you need any information, please contact us.
Check out our FAQ
- Is Silvex a Portuguese brand?
Silvex is a Portuguese brand registered since 1987 by the Portuguese Patent and Trademark Office, with registration number 203105.
- How is your product’s quality tested?
We test our products in the National Packaging Centre www.cne.isq.pt, with which we are associated. Silvex’s branded products are regularly submitted to quality testing in labs and during the manufacturing process.
- Where can I find your products?
Our products are available in most supermarkets and hypermarkets, but if, by any chance, you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact us on email@example.com and we will indicate the closest commercial area to you, where you’ll be able to find the product you need. Alternatively we can post it to you (postage&package costs will apply).
- I am interested in the product but I have a question on it, can you clarify me?
You can send us your question to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have found an error on your site (images missing, text errors, etc.), how can I let you know about it?
Please send the error to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- I have found a problem on one of your products, how can I let you know about it?
Please send us your information to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What can I put in the recycling bins?
Blue bin – Paper and cardboard:
We can recycle used sheets of paper, newspapers, magazines, books, cardboard boxes and Tetra-Pak carton packages, such as milk or juice packaging. We cannot throw soiled paper or cardboard (food-soiled paper napkins, for instance), wet paper, carbon paper and sticker paper.
Green bin - Glass:
We can only recycle packaging glass, which means, bottles and glass jars. We must remove the plastic or metal caps and lids. All other glass such as window glass, car glass, light bulbs, crystal and some types of porcelain similar to glass, must not be put in the green recycling bin.
Yellow bin – Plastic and metal packages:
Regarding plastic, we can recycle plastic bottles and jars, plastic bags and polystyrene packaging; regarding metal we can recycle drinks cans, food cans and sprays.
We cannot recycle packaging with residues in its interior or toxic products packaging, such as pesticides, herbicides or poison
- Why is it so important to separate waste?
Because when we separate waste we are diminishing the quantity of waste deposited at the sanitary land-fill and sending it to be recycled instead. Producing materials from waste consumes less energy and saves raw materials.
- What do we have to keep in mind when freezing food?
Consumers can use the following rules:
- when freezing food, always choose fresh and good quality food;
- separate food in individual packaging according to your needs;
- use the refrigerator’s fast freeze button when inserting fresh food in the freezer compartment;
- use air tight containers or plastic bags which are clean and sealed;
- do not fill containers completely because volume increases during the freezing process;
- label the food packages that are to be frozen with the date and contents;
- refrain from using too much salt when cooking food that is meant to be frozen because salt delays the freezing process;
- use thawed food as soon as possible and never freeze food that was once thawed (unless it has been cooked meanwhile);
- check your refrigerator’s instruction manual.
Additionally, you should avoid the freezer compartment from icing up (ice works as an insulator increasing the time needed to freeze food and the energy consumption) and defrost it regularly using water and sodium bicarbonate or detergent and rinsing it properly with a cloth.